Tuesday 5 April 2016

"Drawing the Line" Risograph Workshop

The workshop was to create a double page spread image that will be used in a publication that will be printed using only two colours through the Risograph printer. I approached the workshop by just simply creating a double page image with very little detail considering I have not used the Risograph printer before to print stuff and I may find it difficult to mix colours/colour separating various parts of the image. 


Colour separation for BLACK




Colour separation for BLUE

The two chosen colours is black and blue and the colour separation was manageable. If I had made the image slightly complicated or perhaps more detailed then it would of troubled me in some way to get things right. I’m not exactly fond of printing through the Risograph and its very limited colour palette on printing so I wanted to make the illustration simple so I can get some idea of how things work with the Riso, in terms of using the printer, colour separation and the technical side of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment